The makers of this movie are making fun of us, or it’s a tax dodge. Either or.
Let me confirm what I think I see (pardon the pun)
- Demi Moore and Dylan McDermott are married.
- Dylan McDermott turns out to be a pharma-bro and ends up in jail whereas Demi ends up in community service, for an unnamed crime.
- This community service turns out to be at a home for the visually impaired, where Alec Baldwin lives.
- Alec Baldwin lectures Demi over how she reads Anna Karenina out loud (Don’t follow Anna’s example, she ends up dead on some train tracks).
- This somehow awaken Demi to the fact that her marriage is loveless.
- Er. The pompous Alec lecture doesn’t turn Demi off, and she FALLS IN LOVE WITH ALEC BECAUSE SHE IS ANNA. ANNA IS ABANDONED BY EVERYONE. DO NOT FOLLOW.
- Dylan McDermott returns from jail and sends a private investigator to take photos of Alec and Demi making out.
- Dylan McDermott reads Anna Karenina back to Alec (This is an interesting way to revive flagging book sales) and then SLAPS Alec, while saying ” You must not see Suzanne/Demi again!” Geddit? He’s blind. Harhar.
- I guess Demi and Alec break up? Because he asks her to come back?
- We further establish DMcDermott as a villain because he socks someone in the kneecap with a golf club. On further inspection, it doesn’t appear to be Alec because how many times can you beat up a blind man in one movie?
- Demi, Alec and Dylan all look introspective as the credits roll
So it’s an unholy mess of At First Sight and Unfaithful blended in with a generic thriller about how pharmaceutical companies are assholes. Did I miss anything? Who’s onboard the official Demi comeback™ train? I could probably watch this with a lot of vodka.