I have been awaiting this with some trepidation.
I still have some.
- Idris is surprisingly perfect as Roland.
- Personally I think that Idris and Matt McConaughey could have been interchangeable for the roles of Roland/Man in black. They both do grizzled, smooth quite well.
- I’m still really worried about the dialogue. Akiva Goldman is the head writer and he has some real doozies on his resume (Rings?!) and SK doesn’t translate that well to film. These two things combined could end up creating a Big Bang of shitty speeches.
- Everyone uses the Inception BWOWW. It’s overdone. Kill it.
- I’m really glad they didn’t go cutesy for Jake. He looks a lot like a young Michael Shannon.
Overall, I’m still not sure. Your thoughts?